Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Some Chalk and Cheese

Here's how it came down for me:

Chris Sligh could go after tonight. Sorry, he just didn't get it done.

Sanjaya's hair left me speechless. He'll stay.


Lakisha and Melinda, standard good, but neither excited me.


Missed Jordin due to a phone call. Did see her outfit, though, and I thought it made her look dumpy.


Haley and Chris R. were adequate, nothing spectacular. Of the two, I thought Haley's rendition of Cindy Lauper's True Colors was the better.

Blake does a good job contemporizing, however, I wasn't crazy about what he did with the Cure's Love Song despite what the Fab 3 said.

Phil and Gina are my faves for the night.

Gwen Stefani. OK, I get it. But she wasn't anywhere near the coach that Lulu, Noone or Ross were.

Anyone else notice that the Police were covered twice?


Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Senjaya may win it all, you know. America may be thumbing their chins at American Idol...or voting for the underdog as it really doesn't matter if you win...if you have talent, you'll get a record deal. Two of the biggest sellers didn't win. Know who I am talking about? Winners do well and maybe everyone wants to see an underdog win the cash.
I can't wait to see Senjaya's hairdo next week. I was just glad we haven't seen the curly Q he had a few weeks ago.
Speakin of curly Q, I like Chris.
He looks a little like someone I know... Like he could be related, and his sarcastic wit reminds me of this person as well.
Ten bucks if you guess who I am talking about.

Jeff Howe said...

Hi Jammie,

Exactly right. In fact, I've got to assume that even though it appeared Daughtry was shocked, and even perhaps a bit dismayed last year when he left earlier than expected, he had to have liked the fact he could actually get on with his music career sooner. By two of the biggest sellers I think you mean him and Aiken?
It seemed like the Sligmeister was really tired this week. His performance had no real energy IMO. Seems like the schedule they keep is fairly grueling.
I can only assume you mean Aubs or Donny D. when you say Chris reminds you of someone, eh? You can pay using PayPal. :-) Cheers, Jeff