Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Idol Up to the Bar

Not going to go into a person by person review this time.

So many are doing it in blogs and articles, how many do we really need, en?

Thought the show last night, overall, was quite good. I'm not a big fan of narrowly themed shows - like last week's Diana Ross theme. But being able to choose from the entire 60s, now that makes for good opportunities.

Just a few thoughts.

Blake Lewis doesn't do anything for me. Sorry about that. My youngest son (11) is a big fan; maybe it's a generational thing. I thought his Time of the Season was strange. Actually I thought the song was strange when it came out in the late 60s. Hearing it refurbbed with a beatbox replacing the odd rhythmic bump it had with the sigh sound, I dunno, seemed kind of like an acid trip. Judges loved it, and I'm in the same age range as them, so maybe I'm out of tune.

Jordin drives me nuts. I have to keep reminding myself she's only 17, she's only 17, and there are laws. I see nothing but upside for her as goes a singing career. She has a 'spark' now that's slowly becoming a flame in the competition. From a looks standpoint, she is hot and getting hotter. She sort of reminds me of Gloria Estefan for some reason, even though she is quite different vocally.

I actually liked Chris Richardson for the first time last night. His voice grates on me, but last night I found it quite smooth, and the performance was well staged.

Haley was a minx, and I can't really remember the song she sang. Just those shorts.

Sanjaya. SANJAYA!! Ha. What fun! If the kid goes out tonight, at least he will on a high note, and he should be proud of himself for it.

I remember seeing Peter Noone performing in the Pirates of Penzance in Boston back in the early 80s. I think it was at the Shubert Theater. Took my eye off him for 25 years and darn, look how he's aged. lol. I'm glad I'm not 25 years older since then.

I am thankful that we started the top 12 last week. Watching Idol three nights a week was getting a bit much. Till next time..... Cheers, Jeff



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wondering your reasons for watching....

Jeff Howe said...

So am I. :-)