Wednesday, March 7, 2007

From the "I Really Need to Get a Life" File

Another week, another couple hours of life spent watching American Idol.

I frankly think the guys should pack it in. They are through. They are toast. There's not a one of them who can keep up with the top girls. Hey, just keepin' it real, dog.

Let's see, I missed Jordin, started with Sabrina. I like her. I think she reminds me of an old flame, except for the nose. Gina hammered it pretty hard, though I agree w/Simon that she needs to find a more melodic type rock style, perhaps some Pat Benatar?

Haley seems nice, but I thought she should have gone last week. A lot of people like Stephanie. She just doesn't do it for me though.

The train wreck known as Antonella would be pitiful if she wasn't so funny. She really seems to think that she is good for some reason. Votefortheworst - time for y'all to let go of her, imo.

That leaves Lakisha and Melinda. Lakisha is good. Melinda is a complete package, though. She has the pipes, the stage presence, the vocal talent. I think she should be declared the winner right now. However, I think she needs to stop looking so delightfully surprised and on the verge of tears with the compliments. She needs to realize that she has the stuff... or, in actuality, she is the stuff.

This is not to say she should become cocky. Just comfortable and confident.

Like when she sings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Antonella and Haley are my votes to go tonight. Please, put us out of our misery and get Sanjaya off the stickin show.

Anonymous said...

Antonella is a babe and should be seen naked

Unknown said...

Sanjayayayayayaya is very lucky. Sabrina is gone. And we can at least still look at Haley. Jared is my brother-in-law's black twin

ertha said...

i can't believe i am actually writing this.( i usually only admit to watching American Idol after everything else has been discussed)
as afr as i am concerned , none of the remaining contestants are good enough...some of the better ones have been voted off....and anyway it was better last year...and nothing like as good as the British version 'the X-Factor'

Jeff Howe said...

Hi Maggie... I agree the overall competition this year is no where near last year's. It's too bad, too, because, as I understand it there were many good singers who were turned away at the early levels. I can understand that from a certain perspective, but it does then diminish the idea that this is actually a talent contest.