Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Some Idol Thoughts (how's that for original?!)

The winner of American Idol this year will be.....

one of the women!

That's the early consensus between me, myself and I.

There are 4 guys who stand out in my opinion. They would be: Chris Sligh, Blake Lewis, Sundance Head and Sanjaya Malakar. I include Sanjaya in this group, but it's not a positive inclusion. Sanjaya probably appeals to all the little groupie girls who watch Idol, not to mention the pedophiles as well. He is effeminate and his stage presence/persona doesn't really project the way it needs to go the long haul. He is like the Bobby (Peter?) Brady look-alike from last year.

Sundance did a good job with Mustang Sally last night, and he is probably the stronger of the two between him and the other pumpkin contestant - Chris Sligh. Both have good voices and seem comfortable with what they do well, but let's be honest. Triple X size singers don't usually make it to the finals.

That leaves Blake Lewis. His beat box/scat portion of the song last night was interesting, added some spice to it. However, if he relies on that throughout the competition, he's gone. The novelty will wear off, and it will all seem silly. What is he without it? That remains to be seen.

I like Phil Stacey, but I'm afraid he's a mite too common.

As for the women, Lakisha Jones, Melinda Doolittle and Sabrina Sloan are the competition. I think the winner will come out of those three.

They all have great voices, energy and passion in their singing, though I have to say I thought Lakisha came across as a bit manic and weird in some of it last week.

It will be interesting to see how they present tonight.

No comments: