Saturday, February 10, 2007

A Novel Update

Well, I've broken the 20,000 word barrier, and I'm thinking that this is going far too slow. I recently read an article on the internet about another writer who does 100,000 words in a month. I've never heard of this person, but apparently it's what she does full time. I figure even if I did 1000 words per day, every day, that would only be 30,000 words in a month, and I'd still be looking at a bit over 3 months to get it done.

If you do the math, it will frustrate you no end. But I've always wondered how Tom Clancy and Stephen King managed to crank out book after book after book.

Here's the thing, though. I have over 20,000 words now. But I have no idea if they are GOOD words or not. I think they are, but I'm biased obviously.

The 100K words/month lady also suggested outlining as much of the plot as possible. I can understand that but a lot of my story unfolds as I work it.

Maybe I should stick to my day job, eh?

No comments: