Thursday, May 1, 2008

You Gotta Love Jason Castro

This is a quote from Entertainment Weekly:

He made it through Paulagate 2008, but is American Idol’s Jason Castro ready to call it quits? EW’s Jessica Shaw was on the scene as the Idols rehearsed for Neil Diamond week (read her “Why Song Selection Matters” feature in the issue out Friday) and spoke with Castro on Monday afternoon: “I’ll get around to practicing,” he promised her, after noting that his brother and a friend had visited over the weekend and that his Saturday meeting with Diamond had gone “really bad” because he didn’t yet know his songs. “What happens happens. I’ll sing and if people like it, they like it. And if they don’t, they don’t. I’m kind of ready to go home.”

You’re kind of ready to walk off America’s biggest stage???

“It’s been overwhelming,” Castro continued. “I got 150 balloons yesterday delivered to the studio because people heard I was sick last week. That’s cool, but that’s just weird.”

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I like Jason. He seems to me to be a guy who just wants to do music and forget show business. Know what I mean?

If these quotes are true, then I would say to him - "Be true to your vision of yourself. If the mantle of American Idol with all its kowtows and requirements doesn't fit within that vision, then enjoy the run while it lasts and learn something from it. Then you can seek out the venue that best expresses you and your art."

That's what I think is going on with Jason. God bless you, man.