Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Idol Wrap - Wednesday Night

I don't want to go into any specific comments with regards to particular singers and songs. However, I do have to say that the judges seem to be following some sort of scripted(?) path to carry Archuleta to the finals. I don't know why, but he just didn't deserve the magnanimous amounts of praise heaped on him.

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't THAT good.

I think Jason looked and sounded better during dress rehearsal than the live performance. Syesha did a really nice job, both songs.

And David Cook was David Cook.

With the show creating David Archuleta as some sort of strange standard-bearer, I find my interest levels dropping in the whole process. Next week, when it's only Cook, Mercado and Archuleta, I'm going to be hard pressed to think of a reason to tune in.

But I probably will anyway.

No comments: