Wednesday, February 20, 2008

American Idol - 60s Night - Guys

Actually a pretty good night overall. No major blips, an even spread of ability with some standing out from the others. A kind of homogenous crowd at this point; don't see a lot of strong style differences. Hopefully those will surface eventually.

Here's a few thoughts about last night: (Without having taken any notes and being sick to boot, this is all from memory. Maybe that's not a bad thing. See who stands out and why)

Chikezie - hate the one name name (re: Mandisa). Good singer, took a song I didn't think much of and stylized it - fit the mood (unlike what Simon said).

Colton Berry - don't like. Hope he's gone soon.

Danny Noriega - projects himself as a very unlikeable person. Won't be around long.

David Archuleta - I didn't think as highly of his performance as the judges did, but I've always contended they see something different live than we do over a TV screen. Overall, though, he has pipes and he's likeable and it's a good start.

David Cook - don't remember, don't think I saw his.

David Hernandez - don't remember. If he led off, I thought it was pretty good.

Garrett Haley - hate the hair, hate the voice. Too 70s effeminate.

Jason Castro - liked his guitarship and singing. I could see him heading a band after some seasoning.

Jason Yeager - I know I saw his and I can't remember what it was.

Luke Menard - good looker, good voice, dull.

Michael Johns - charismatic, great stage sense, excellent vocal tones. May be the #1 guy.

Robbie Carrico - missed his performance.

That's all for now.

I don't know how much I'll be doing this this year. I'll just go with whatever flow comes my way.

Ryan Seacrest has a wicked small head.

No comments: