Friday, January 26, 2007

Updates on Anything

For some reason Google keeps dropping me from their search list. I used to be able to find my site at the bottom of the 1st page of results when I typed my name into the search field, but then it no longer showed up. Then it came back. Now it's gone again. I have no idea why. A friend of mine says to just wait until Google re-indexes and keep linking to meaningful content. Think Ebay or Yahoo or Google will swap links with me?

My story has started chapter 8. 15.5K words and I just went back through all of them to make the tense more consistent throughout. During the process I also did a fair amount of editing.

A local weekly newspaper has done a review on the book I published last October. You can see a quote from it on my website: www.thejeffhowe.com.
Overall, I thought the review was a good one. The editor of the newspaper read the book from a perspective I didn't foresee happening, but that's the beauty of all this. He did mention to me on the phone and in the review that he thought it was a dark book. I would have to disagree with him there. I think much of it is quite lighthearted. There are some dark pieces, but the book is balanced in my opinion so as not to skew one way or the other.

That's about it for now. Cheers.

No comments: