Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What They are Singing Tonight - Spoilers & Wrap

Jason Castro - “Forever in Blue Jeans” - I liked this a lot. Liked the vibe, the personality Jason brought to the song. Had a peppery feel to it. Hoped he would big voice the part that Diamond does, but Jason doesn't really have the big voice. I disagree with Simon; I didn't think it forgettable.

David Cook
- “I’m Alive” - Of the two David did, I liked this one better than the second. It has a good hook to it.

Brooke White - “I’m a Believer” - decent job with a nice country feel to it.

David Archuleta
- “Sweet Caroline” - eh? Yeah, I heard the changes he made to it. Didn't really like them. Sweet Caroline is too iconic a song for Red Sox fans to take to Archie's version.

Syesha Mercado
- “Hello Again” - It was OK. Syesha has a nice delivery and she looked hot. But let's face it: she's no Mindy D or Jordin Sparks. She's not even a Lakisha.

Jason Castro - “September Morn” - boring boring boring - sorry Jason. You'd have been better off switching the songs and doing this one first.

David Cook - “All I Ever Really Need is You” - Good rocker. Hard to hear the lyrics at times. Not sure if it was the music or enunciation. Still liked the first better.

Brooke White
- “I Am … I Said” - Very sweet presentation. Liked it a lot.

David Archuleta - “America” - predictable. I wish the judges would stop touting Archie as a second coming of something.

Syesha Mercado
- “Thank the Lord for the Night Time” - average.

No comments: