Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's In the Song

Phil is gone, and I should have seen it coming. Everyone should have seen it coming. In the year when many of the song choices have been seemingly prescient, Phil's choice was right there. Here are some lyrics to Blaze of Glory:

I'm going down in a blaze of glory
Take me now but know the truth
I'm going down in a blaze of glory

And he did. And he did.

Perhaps the most touching 'seeya' performance I've seen, Phil managed to hug and kiss almost everyone in the studio. I liked Phil. I'm sad to see him go, but he wasn't going to win. Best wishes to him, his wife and his new baby, who is what - almost 6 months now?

From another piece elsewhere we read:
Blake Lewis (5/1 odds), whose best-friends-forever admission while standing alongside Richardson was quite the womanly gesture.

Boyfriends Blake and Chris had to separate, and I can't imagine anyone having said the BFF thing about Chris Daughtry last year. Maybe Taylor Hicks, certainly Clay Aiken, but not Daughtry. I found it a fairly awkward moment, though the metrosexuals Lewis and Richardson seemed to feed from it as did the women (but you always expect stuff like that from women).

Down to the final four, and if Dial Idol is at all near accurate, then Melinda Doolittle may be on the cusp. Shocker, eh? Have a look:

www.dialidol.com

Now I can mail in my Nielsons. What a week!

No comments: