Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Sameness of Monotony or Vice Versa

I change my Facebook cover photo (the large horizontal photo at the top of one's timeline) more frequently than most. Every three to four days usually, sometimes more often, sometimes less. Some people would say that I'm just trying to get attention. But they would be wrong.

Very wrong.


I'm just trying to shred the sameness of my hours, days, weeks.


I get up, go to work - very tedious, mundane work - for 8 hours, come home, hang out, go to bed, get up....


And on weekends it seems there is always more work to do than can possibly be done in such a short time. At least this is what my wife has told me time and again every weekend for years.


Church has become mostly work, too, with behind the scenes responsibilities.


There's no reprieve with the exception of a little vacation time during the year. So I change my cover photo and sometimes my profile picture as well as a symbolic way to say I won't accept sameness in my life.


Even though I do.

No comments: